Marketplace Reformation #savemp2k15 | Raise awareness in the game! XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Ada
Blogger
[Avatar]

We need a reformation!

Important note: 06/09/2015

A change has to be done as soon as possible. All the "doublers" have to be put under control. It has arrived to one point when the Marketplace has no fun or purpose anymore and is governed by a selective group of people who basically decide what items shall be traded for ridiculously-grotesque prices, and which should not.

A revolution has to begin; #savemp2k15
REMEMBER, this revolution is not made to create an immense fight which would cause even bigger problems to the already deteriorated Marketplace, it is made to raise wareness to as many people as possible, that the Marketplace is going the wrong way.

Let's end the reign of these people and bring back the Marketplace to what it used to be!
Would you like to help?

This is a pretty good way to start. Spread out the message on the Marketplace! Show to everybody the true value of the highly-wanted items, rather than some artificial-increases. I think that we are here to enjoy a game, not let it be controlled at somebody's fingertips.
Don't forget the #savemp2k15 hashtag!

This time I am not going to rage about anything or single absolutely anybody out, I am just going to state the ugly truth and hope this topic will be taken into consideration, as the aftermath of what is going to be presented in this post is of no good for the whole game itself.

I pointed this issue out at the beginning of the year, regarding how, starting from January 2015, the Marketplace turned the other way round.
I do believe most of you know what I am trying to talk about, the fact that some people considered it is so utterly funny to drop down the MPAs of high-value items, on both Girls and Guys Market to the extreme.
Many considered it is just a phase, and nothing bad could turn out of that. Yet few did know what was going to happen in the end. Basically, I can say that the Marketplace is going to the dogs.

This magic place where people can sell and quite recently, trade their items for whatever they crave, has truly become a black market, with no principles at all. It is, more or less, at everybody's luck these days to get the items they so desire, and that is quite sad. It has arrived to a point when somebody who does want an item so bad, he or she has to go over the regular limits of basic trade and sell to obtain that object.

The Marketplace's thriving economy with joyful traders has recently become a true mined path. It is just like in the real life economy of a country. When its actions and resources collapse, there is nothing left but chaos and anarchy.

Also, I myself have no idea who these people are, yet many of us name them as "doublers". They are these people, who, as far as I know, have the ability to manipulate the coding of ourWorld and obtain the desired items over, and over, and over again. As I stated earlier this year, these acts of "doubling" and dropping the value of items shall not be just looked over, they should become more or less, a high priority for the staff to find out who is behind this mischievous acts, and stop them.

As far as I am concerned, several multi-player games do have frequent server maintenance periods to solve and block any type of cheating and/or hacking in the game. Most cases are followed by either a temporary suspension from the game or a permanent ban. I know that quite a few of these "doublers" are already known to the public, yet I would prefer they would not be pointed here. They are really, at this very point, harming, if I can say, the whole trading and selling principles the Marketplace had at first.

So, in the end, what am I exactly trying to present in this topic? No, no rage at all, but a clear message that something has to be done as soon as possible to stop the Marketplace from its self-destruction. We aren't here to just wait and let the problems solve by themselves, as in "hey, it is just a game, calm down". I do consider that most of us are active on this forum and in the game to have a good, quality time, and chill ourselves from the daily and annoying noise. I know, I may sound a little too over dramatic for some plain pixels, yet I do believe that all of us do want a fair and square trade system, without any bugs in it, and that can easily be done by a rigorous investigation of what has been done to the Marketplace over the last few months and punishing everybody that has been involved in the plan of destroying the Marketplace.

We saw at first Light Crows, Starry and White BB Paws for guys getting dropped down. Now we see Black Crow Wings and Guy VT becoming impossible items to trade. What's next?
Please, I AM BEGGING YOU, do not transform this topic into an argument, this has to stay, so people can see it.

#savemp2k15

Important notification from Czarcasm:

Czarcasm wrote:For those saying doublers aren't being banned, customer service has already banned several, but it isn't easy right now to determine if someone is doubling. It takes a lot of time to gather up the data, and it's not very reliable.

But soon two things will happen: We'll make it much harder for anyone to duplicate items, but there's a catch. After a trade has been completed, there's a very small chance that the person who accepted the trade won't get the items they traded for either due to server issues or issues with the player's connection. If this happens, they just need to contact customer service, explain what happened, and it'll be verified and fixed. The other thing that we're doing is making tools that can detect abnormal trading patterns reliably and quickly. If someone attempts to double, even if they're unsuccessful, they'll be auto-banned permanently with no warning.

A Blacklist:
Here will be pointed out the people who just did not understand the aim of the topic and all they had done was creating spam and fights, which could have lead to the topic getting locked. I am sorry, but once you do this once or twice, you are simply banned from posting on my topic anymore. The main reason is because this topic must stay open as long as the problem stated above still occurs in the game.
If you do continue posting on this topic, you will assume the consequences.
need more reasons; PM me.

● IIAnoymousII
● Area 51
● Sience
● Kebabs

This message was edited 13 times. Last update was at 06/11/2015 21:37:21

American Satan
Bookworm
[Avatar]

This should be sent to the President of the United States, because this is so good. You are right on.

Probably taking a break... I've just got too much to do!! :c

And my dad screwed up and got our wireless turned off so.

♥HOW PRETTY ARE THESE LILLA ROSE HAIR CLIPS?? ♥ AND THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE!
http://www.lillarose.biz/index

[WWW]
Afya
ourWorld Translator
[Avatar]

I agree, this is true. ;s
Something should be done
At least something like what happened with mcw, guy VT and bb paws shouldn't happen ever again D:

#savemp2k15
#savemp2k15
#savemp2k15

“I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of my creation, if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.”

“I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of my creation, if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.”
Kelci
Fashionista
[Avatar]

I completely agree, I've been trying for years to build up and save for crows, once I FINALLY got them, they became impossible to trade, I've been getting multiple 1 coin offers and lately I've been annoyed with people on the Market place, asking WAY too much for their items, underpricing the 3 most wanted items in OurWorld (demons, crows, vamp teeth) It's becoming to get out of hand with all the hacking and doubling.

thank you Todd, Drew, and Nakt for this amazing art! Album of amazing works from amazing people: http://imgur.com/a/z2Tcj

Ghetto Hamster
Artist
[Avatar]

We DO!
Many items are dropping and its SUPER Hard to trade uless your the one recieving the offers

Czarcasm wrote:I keep seeing that dude clapping and thinking your problem is fixed.
Click for a chance to win 3 Zoe's Passes I never realized OurWorld played music until I JUST unmuted it
Tyche

[Avatar]

I think this will definitely be a huge task but one that needs to be done tbh
the marketplace is becoming cheap place, recent events are really hurting it
Dessi

[Avatar]

I agree 100% with this. Crows were one of my dream items and the gateway to me finally getting vamp teeth. They were 400-420, and I could've added a beanie or something to the crows to get the teeth. But no, when I get them, the value of the wings are decreased by 50-100 mil and I have to offer over 100 mil with the crows to get the teeth and that really isn't fair at all.
It's like you get so close to your goal but you keep dropping.
I've heard that ourWorld is starting to review accounts and ban those who are doubling but slowly, as it's not an easy process. People are blaming others for doing it just because they've traded all their items fairly for the same items and ourWorld is having to review their accounts because of rumors and it's getting in the way of the people who are really doing it tbh. I don't know how these hackers found a way to do whatever they're doing but I hope ourWorld finds a way to disable and block the software and whatnot that they're using

[WWW]
The Sock Master
ourWorld Volunteer
[Avatar]

I must say that I do agree with this as well, though it isn't easy and cannot happen overnight.
It isn't as simple as pressing a button to block all forms of hacking, for hacking is more complicated than that. That's what hacking is sadly. A hacker can approach the system in many ways and forms, and therefore, there is more than one way to "hack" OurWorld. Sometimes, hacking isn't even noticeable. People have gotten more intelligent and sneaky over the years.
Something DOES need to be done about it, for it isn't fair for the people who have paid real money to get to their items they have. I think that the Administrators just think that even if the MPA is lower, people can still continue to ask for the same MPA there was before. Though, it gets annoying and angering to have to deny every single offer you get that is silly and doesn't come near to the real MPA of that item. It also isn't fair when people are trying to get bigger items, but can't because the MPA is still "too low", when really, it's a fine offer, and the person with the item is trying to screw with you.
These hackers are trolling. Some have good intentions, and some just want to anger everyone on OurWorld.
Even if they did fix this problem now, it's possible that hackers can find another few ways to continue their nonsense. But many players of OurWorld forget that it's a process to do that kind of fixing. ll we can do is hope, Lol.
You're absolutely right though, the Marketplace needs to be fixed and put back into order. If people keep screwing with the items, it'll continue going downhill.

Ezekiel
Gamer
[Avatar]

I completely agree, I was dying on getting black mcw and just a week after getting them, they just dropped due to ''doublers.'' It really isn't fair how people actually paid for the original price then after dropping, the others just pay half a price (or less). To be honest, it made me hate trading more than before, hence why I'm just selling smalls and sticking with uncommon items for now. Really hoping they would do something about this :'\ v.v

A1 siggy done by: Min Suga

[WWW]
Tajanna
Musician
[Avatar]

I agree 100% with this

xzz heyheyhey
i like drake, dogs, troye, markia and alot of other things
buy me adorable dogs and i'll love you

xxxxnot talking makes it easier to keep secrets
gram gram⚽
[WWW]
Super
Collector
[Avatar]

Just want to say that what happend in new year "MPA Dropped on some high value items" has nothing to do with what thats been going on in the past weeks/month.

There has been some "dubbers" for years but it wasn't a huge deal back then on the market place since it was a very low amount of people. But now they started telling more people how they do it. Which ends with bunch of people has xxxx amount of specific items.
They choose those items thats a high value.. Why? Yes because they want to act rich and show off to people. What happends when theres xxxx amount of a item on the market place from each of these players? Yes of course it's value is going down since they want other items fast and might not sell for the full value.

It's wrong, Yes. They are breaking rules and they should get punished.

oW/Flowplay are working on this issue. Seen it.

It's not an easy thing to fix, nor catching those who are exploiting the game.

Doubt it's much to do with whats thats already been done since they already traded alot of these double items. And many people have xx of these items, I do belive it will go back to normal eventually. But it's going to take some time to even it out.
CIarissa
Artist
[Avatar]

Hey Haters wrote:Just want to say that what happend in new year "MPA Dropped on some high value items" has nothing to do with what thats been going on in the past weeks/month.

There has been some "dubbers" for years but it wasn't a huge deal back then on the market place since it was a very low amount of people. But now they started telling more people how they do it. Which ends with bunch of people has xxxx amount of specific items.
They choose those items thats a high value.. Why? Yes because they want to act rich and show off to people. What happends when theres xxxx amount of a item on the market place from each of these players? Yes of course it's value is going down since they want other items fast and might not sell for the full value.

It's wrong, Yes. They are breaking rules and they should get punished.

oW/Flowplay are working on this issue. Seen it.

It's not an easy thing to fix, nor catching those who are exploiting the game.

Doubt it's much to do with whats thats already been done since they already traded alot of these double items. And many people have xx of these items, I do belive it will go back to normal eventually. But it's going to take some time to even it out.
just saying.. the "dubbers" before were like experenced people who had to use like keyloggers and like peoples skypes and crap.. the "dubbers" these days arent doing stuff that theyre doing stuff a normal 13-18 year can do.. lols.

On the point of the topic, i agree but I know firsthand that ourworld is doing something about it & ive seen handfuls of people banned in the last week over it.
flowplay is trying to fix it. I think we need to give them time too.

I wish they caught on earlier though.. it really ruined mp

savemp2k15
savecrows2k15
saveow2k15

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/05/2015 17:06:44

I NEED A PROPER SIG BUT WHO HAS THE TIMMMEEEEEE
CinderelIa
Singer
[Avatar]

Ugh, finally, thank you for making this topic.

I've sent in several tickets telling ourWorld EXACTLY how these doublers are doing it, and WHO they are. Do they get banned? No. Does ourWorld respond to my tickets? Of course not. Has my ticket been open for almost a month now? Uh, yep. Thanks.

As an '09 player, I've watched this whole MP thing unfold into something awesome, and now I'm watching it catch fire and crumple because of these daft players ruining the game so they can feel as though they've accomplished something. The scary thing is, most of these doublers are merely high-school students. This is lying to a well-known COMPANY. Cheating them out of money. I've recently heard of a new gem hack a few people are doing, and I'm just wondering why FlowPlay isn't taking this seriously. Yeah, it's a pixel game, but a pixel game that costs money. It costs money to provide gems, to keep a site up, to do as many updates as they do, to hire people to draw items, then hire even more to digitize them and so much more they need to pay for. What is going to happen when the market place goes down? That'll be one thing they worked hard on to come out with to earn them more money. They really should be taking this more seriously. Not only does it impact them, but it impacts the players who have actually worked for their items, and haven't cheated for them.

#Savemp2k15
#Downwiththedoublers2kforever
Papi Lee

[Avatar]

Completely Agree.
It's funny too, because I know an active forumer who duplicates, and I have Proof..

That Moment when you trust a Forumer with more than 650m, and they never give it back :') LY2
Beauty Behind the Madness
Blesser
Musician
[Avatar]

Ada, I agree with you like yes to procrastination. With what you're saying about the economy, I've been thinking lately that ourWorld's so-called "economy" is not stable at all. It's an unstable economy that relies on the people's will, the people's choice, the people's greed and so forth. In regards to legal issues, we are on the right hand side of the spectrum, yet a little twisted- we're a free market economy, but the problem is that the merchants are now driven by greed and self worth, not interested in the consumers. We don't care so much about the buyer's interest and circumstances, rather, we base things on our own estimations. Because of this, there are people offering 20 on white cfw, people selling items for both 999,999,999 coins and 1 coin. Ouch goes my heart.

i lol and roll
i like french bull dogs
did quit
when u ur own plug cuz ur lacking ig followers lol *click*
Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Copyright Flowplay Inc. All rights reserved. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team